Alaska Walkabouts

The adventures of an Alaska Wildlife and Nature Photographer.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Spell of the Yukon



Driving home in the fall from Southeast Alaska was way cool. Passing through the Yukon Territory was a wonderful opportunity for fishing and exploring. I had my skiff in the bed of my truck and I launched it into any lake or river that I wished. I will say it again and again that I have to get back to these places!



Arctic Grayling. Dezadeash Lake 1983

Dezadeash Lake

A big Northern Pike

The Dezadeash River, Yukon Territory, 1983

Dezadeash River

Dezadeash Lake. The fishing was hot off this beach here!

A porcupine wanders by at Dezadeash Lake.

Dezadeash Lake

A Lake Trout from Dezadeash lake

A Northern Pike on the line at Dezadeash Lake

Kathleen Lake, Yukon Territory

Kathleen Lake

Louise Lake

A big Arctic Grayling at Kathleen Lake

The Yukon Territory near Kluane Lake



Reactions:

0 comments :