Alaska Walkabouts

The adventures of an Alaska Wildlife and Nature Photographer.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Let's Go Boating

In 1979 I got my first boat while visiting Dad in Juneau. I also had my first camera which was cheap little 110mm plastic thing. I went all over the place in that boat and for the next several summers I explored the region, had lots of adventures, and ate a lot of seafood. My trips grew more adventurous and went through several more cameras as I slowly started to improve. My wish at this point in life is to redo these travels and revisit these place with the boat, cameras, and knowledge that I have now. These were very special times for me. 
Me with my first boat in 1979. A 12 foot lund. My dad took this pic.


 Saint James Bay 1979



 Me with sea-run Dolly Varden 1980



 Point Couverden 1981
Port Frederick 1981



 Dungeness crab at Freshwater Bay 1981


Clams at Lisianski Strait 1981

Reactions:

0 comments :