Alaska Walkabouts

The adventures of an Alaska Wildlife and Nature Photographer.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Memories

In 1982 I got my first truck and had a friend bring my old beat up skiff to Anchorage for me. By then I had a newer one that I left in Juneau. I stayed in Anchorage that summer and took my first trips out of the places that I was fated to inhabit for the decades to come including Seward, Whittier, Homer, and the Kenai River system. We did a ton of fishing that year and that is one heck of a good skill to learn around here!


Crafton Island, Prince William Sound out of Whittier

Aialik Bay out of Seward

Holgate Glacier, Aialik Bay

English Bay out of Homer

The upper Kenai River

Skilak Lake

Hidden Creek


Me with Red Salmon at Hidden Creek 

Me with Dolly Varden Char from the Upper Kenai River

Me with Silver Salmon on the lower Kenai River

Reactions:

0 comments :