Alaska Walkabouts

The adventures of an Alaska Wildlife and Nature Photographer.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Transition





In 1995 I stayed in the local Anchorage area to work. I upgraded to a better truck and managed to do a bit more exploring and a lot of fishing. I made my first trips out of the seaside communities of Homer and Seward and began to learn the areas that were going to be so important later in life. Late in the fall I returned to the Yukon Territories to visit some friends and that was the last time I left Alaska.


Augustine Island is an active Volcano. I went out there several years ago.

Sunset at English Bay out of Homer

Catching Red Salmon on the Upper Kenai River

A Kenai River Red Salmon

A Rainbow Trout and a Dollie Varden

Dinner


My second Toyota pickup

Me with a very nice halibut out of Seward. Aialik Bay.

Pedersen Lagoon, Aialik Bay

Another nice halibut from the Seward area

The Top of the World Highway during the rains of September. Also called the Taylor Highway. It connects Alaska to Canada.

Dawson City, Yukon Territory. An old gold rush town

Northwest Territory, Canada

Northwest Territory, Canada

Whitefish and Grayling. Both are whitefish actually


Grayling at the Kathleen River near Haines Junction, Canada

Skilak Lake






Reactions:

0 comments :