Alaska Walkabouts

The adventures of an Alaska Wildlife and Nature Photographer.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

The Results Are In



Last October I had Storm's DNA tested and the results came back pretty much as expected. Most people saw pit bull in him and they were mostly correct; he is 50% American Staffordshire Terrier (Very closely related to the pits), 12.5% Australian Shepherd, and 37% unknown.  I always thought he had Australian Cattle Dog in him but it all makes sense anyway. He has some bully-breed looks and some mannerisms of herding dogs (ear and foot nibbling). I have been keeping an eye out for any possible litter mates, at the dog parks and elsewhere, but I have not seen anything like him yet. Maybe puppy Storm came from another state or town and I will never know anything more about him except that he is happy, healthy, handsome, smart, friendly,and funny as can be. I love him dearly.






Reactions:

0 comments :