Alaska Walkabouts

The adventures of an Alaska Wildlife and Nature Photographer.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

If at First You Don't Succeed....




Although it will most likely end up as yet another place where my images go to rot and die, I built one last website this winter at 500px. I've been there before and made $1 on something called a digital download. Why I'm trying again is beyond me. But at least it's cheap and pretty. I will give it one last try for a year or two before hitting the "Delete Account" button.

https://500px.com/tedraynor61


Places I have tried and considered worthless for marketing my pics: Pinterest, Wanelo, Flickr, Photoshelter, CafĂ© Press, Facebook Fan Pages, Google+ and their Fan Pages, and Stumble Upon. So many passwords and so much time and effort gone!

Places I am still trying and don't consider worthless: Zazzle, Red Bubble, and the two stock agencies I am in- Imagebroker.com in Germany and Accent Alaska (which is now based in Idaho) and finally the place I have put so much time and energy into; Fine Art America. I find it almost impossible to sell anything on FAA though. If not for the massive amount of effort I put into it I would happily delete it. But at least it's cheap!

So far these two images have sold the best. Guess I should stick with otters and hoarfrost crystals.



Reactions:

0 comments :